Samstag, 15. März 2008

Picnic and Helenas birthday-party

You might be amazed about my sudden change to English, but I thought about an expression and it just came to my mind in English, so I wont use German in this post now.
Till now, the last Friday was one of my busiest days here!
On Thursday evening, Tona and me went to the “Plus” supermarket nearby the dormitory to buy the stuff for Helenas birthday-cake (she mentioned, that she’d like another “Sachertorte”), then walked up to the kitchen and started preparing. Everything went perfectly alright till we started pouring the chocolate over the cake and I realized I forgot the marmalade underneath. I was a little annoyed about that and had no motivation to prepare the marzipan decoration anymore, so I just left it like that. Friday I got up as late as possible, went to the students restaurant where I met Tona, we took our lunch there and went straight to the language class where we spent the following 3 hours. It was nice, as now we don’t have that much stress as we had in the intensive course. In front of the Language school we picked up Tonas boyfriend, who is here for visit for 3 weeks now, and went to the dormitory to finish Helenas cake. As soon as done, we went on to the picnic our Slovenian boy (who is living together with Karl, our Estonian) arranged in their flat in the 7th floor, just across the street. There we admired some cockroach again that appeared when Tonas boyfriend lifted something in the kitchen. So we ate ice cream, enjoyed the lovely view over the seaside and roofs of Thessaloniki, and had the possibility to try some kind of Chinese food another flatmate of Karl and Dennis prepared for us. So we stayed there till it was time to leave and go to Helenas birthday-party in her new flat. She prepared some really nice snacks and we stayed there till around midnight, till we continued our marathon to the city, at first to some university party in the polytechnic faculty, but there was still nothing up in there, so we went on, to the White Tower and the promenade where we were supposed to meet some other Erasmus-students. Instead of “some” there was almost my whole dormitory there and a lot of Erasmus-students from other dorms as well. After some time at the seaside we went back to the university-party where we stayed till around 3.00 h in the morning. Our two Finnish girls, me and Dominika, the Czech girl were again the first ones that left at that time!
Back in my room (my roommate was still at the party) I spent some time surfing the net again, before I felt tired enough to go to bed.

Keine Kommentare: